Anxiety disorders have taken over almost a quarter of the population. It is an alarming problem in society that really needs to be taken care of.
Here’s a brief discussion about anxiety and everything you need to know:
What it really is
- Anxiety is an emotion we experience from time to time. It is what we feel every time we are in a situation we’re not used to. It is characterized by being easily irritated, ill-tempered, worried, insecure, and excessive loneliness. A small amount of anxiety is good, but too much may indicate a serious underlying problem.
- Frequent anxiety attacks may be bad and could develop into anxiety disorders such as GAD and depression. Also, anxiety tends to stop people from doing what they want and reaching their goals.
- Patients suffering from abnormal cases of anxiety can become physically weaker. This is because unstable mental health affects the whole system of the body—starting from the digestive down to the very critical cardiovascular system.
- It can happen to anyone.
- It can be triggered by anything, even the tiniest bit of inconvenience.
- Entertaining anxiety causes frequent attacks and could lead to abnormal cases.
- Fears and stress are the top external factors that contribute to high anxiety levels.
The best way to overcome—aside from seeking professional help—is to do the things you love without minding what others will say. Extend your boundaries and get out of your comfort zone. Leaving from someone else’s box and creating your own is good and actually healthy in maintaining your mental health.
Take trips alone and do things exactly how you want it. Never compromise your own goals. Break the norms and teach yourself to have a positive outlook in life—because remember, Fear and Stress are the best friends of Anxiety.