Anxiety is a normal emotion we feel when we’re having problems, feeling lonely and having personal issues. However, there are certain levels of anxiety that are critical and we really need to keep an eye on.
- Normal anxiety occurs depending on a situation and the anxiousness level matches the extremity of the situation.
- Anxiety attacks are very occasional, not severe and not prolonged. Also, it has a minimal effect on a person’s life in general.
- This type of anxiety is normally caused by reminiscing memories, having regrets, and non-achievement of a certain task.
- Abnormal anxiety has different types such as GAD, Panic attacks, Phobias, PSTD, etc.
- Anxiety attacks are observed on a regular basis, it is severe, oftentimes prolonged and interferes with the person’s life.
- The anxiety level is out of proportion when it is matched with the extremity of the situation which triggered the anxiety attack.
If you are suffering from these type of symptoms and learned that you’re experiencing the abnormal type, it’s better to seek professional help before it’s too late.
Always be aware of your mental health status by regularly having consultations or mental exercises with your doctor.
Nonetheless, we shouldn’t wait until anxiety takes over our lives. It can have fatal consequences.